[thelist] stupid php include question

Alvaro Medina incomt65 at hotpop.com
Wed Feb 25 20:10:03 CST 2004

I'm not a PHP geek, but I had have the same problems. You should try use the
full server path, not the URI. You must ask your hosting provider which is
the full path of your site, if you dont know it. Generally, is something
like somecomputer/someuser/www/etcaetera/etcaetera

So, instead of having:

(http://yoursite.net)/somedir/somefile.php

you should have

your/sites/path/www/somedir/somefile.php

Also, it may be because you are trying to access a file outside the public
folder, as a cgi-bin folder or like. That has never worked for me either.

Hope this helps,

Alvaro Medina G.
incomt65 at hotpop.com
Santiago, Chile