[thelist] hover effect on Image Map areas?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Feb 25 13:10:14 CST 2004

Hi --

I'm putting together an image map of an apartment building where the
user can look at a building plan and click on a particular apartment to
see a blowup of the apartment floor plan.  I would like to use CSS to
change the background color of the apartment when the user hovers over
it in the building plan.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  Is there any way (Javascript,
whatever) to do this without resorting to image slicing/swapping?
(which won't work anyway because the apartments are not nice neat
rectangles....

I tried setting a background color to the area:hover, but that had no
effect.

Many Thanks,

Steve