[thelist] Greetings, and my first Question?

Michael Schrecker michaelschrecker at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 12:25:17 CST 2004

Hello all!  First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me with my problem.  This list is great!!

I have recently started teaching myself Web Design, and am getting pretty good at it.  I am stuck at a certain point, and I don't want to move forward till I figure this out.

I am trying to use a very simple logo design (text converted to curves) on my website.  However, everytime I post it, it looks real bad.  I have read tons of tutorials and can't get it looking any better.

Illustrator is supposed to be able to present logos with good crisp edges, isn't it?

I have saved for web in many different ways:

Gif, both dithered and undithered.  (results are very pixelated)
jpg. looks better but I can't get rid of the white background. (when using the simple text logo)

I would greatly appreciate help on this!

Thanks!!!