[thelist] Getting compliant code from normal people

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 16:59:54 CST 2004

I am very interested to hear what you come up with. My experience has
been that Option 1 (Educate them) will not work. Most people have taken
a Dreamweaver class, or maybe even done a little web design back in
1997 and know for sure that you use font tags (even our corporate web
designer is the queen of font tags, using them to apply css classes to
every bit of text! Did she miss the point or what!)

So I'd be curious how this is solved because when I go to my *next*
company I intend to ensure their web site be done standards-compliant
as much as possible.

Diane

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 04:05 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Subject: [thelist] Getting compliant code from normal people
>

>  How do I get them to produce standards =
> compliant mark-up? That's my problem.
>
> Option 1 -- Educate them:

> Option 2 -- Tie their hands:

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown