[thelist] CSS Backgrounds

Kevin Switzer Kevin.Switzer at Stamats.com
Tue Mar 9 10:53:36 CST 2004

That's beautiful.  Awesome that you know what it was before you even saw
it.  Haha

Thanks so much!

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of David Dorward
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 9:23 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] CSS Backgrounds

On 9 Mar 2004, at 15:16, Kevin Switzer wrote:

> Sorry, the URL is http://norway.stamats.com/.

Oh dear, I've been working helpdesk too long.

I was right, its the "Floated content influences height" bug in IE. The
height of the box holding the background is zero (so you don't see the
background), and its (floated) content falls out the bottom (which is
why you can see the content). See
http://www.complexspiral.com/publications/containing-floats/

--
David Dorward