[thelist] Javascript/HTML Validation

Kevin Switzer Kevin.Switzer at Stamats.com
Wed Mar 10 08:33:33 CST 2004

The way you said didn't quite work, because it saw the </sty and thought
there was an open tag for <sty>  , so I changed the closing tag to
<'+'/'+'style> and it worked great!

Thanks for the idea!!

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces-kevin.switzer=stamats.com at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces-kevin.switzer=stamats.com at lists.evolt.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Holloway
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 8:28 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Javascript/HTML Validation

Kevin Switzer wrote:

>I'm doing this so I can use javascript to find the height of the
screen.
>The style is open, obviously, but the validator doesn't think it is.
>
>Any ideas?

Try this... might not work.. but give it a go.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var H=self.screen.availHeight-248;
var str='<sty'+'le type="text/css"> .spacer { display: block;
height:'+H+';
float: left; width: 1px; font-size: 1px; margin: 0; padding: 0; }
</sty'+'le>';
document.write(str);
-->
</script>