[thelist] off topic: Today has been a bad day in Madrid

Alvaro Medina incomt65 at hotpop.com
Thu Mar 11 15:54:26 CST 2004

Here in Chile everybody is very concerned and shocked. We are still very
close to Spain, my family specially because my grandparents are civil war
refugees. I was shocked when I woke up this morning and first thing I saw
was the blasted trains. This was a brutal, coward attack. I hope people in
Spain dont be intimidated by this and shows that terrorists have nothing to
do with them, and that the electoral process dont be affected and be massive
and succesful, to show that scum that they cant do nothing to take away the
freedom that took so long to Spain to regain.

And I feel also that we should be more concerned and shocked with all this
kind of situations that happens everywhere in the world. Paraphrasing the
french paper in 11/9/2001, "We are all spaniards" now, but we should also be
palestinians, bolivians, israelites, afghans, iraquies...

All my best wishes and a BIG hug from here. Regards,

Alvaro Medina G.
incomt65 at hotpop.com
Santiago, Chile