[thelist] SSL Form problem

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Fri Mar 12 06:53:47 CST 2004

Hi all

I'm running into problems with a secure form transaction in IE6 on
Windows.  I have a pretty standard HTML form, with around 60 fields,
including some for credit card details.  If I call the form up in a
browser using http://, then submit to an https:// address, the form
submits with no problems.  If, however, I request the form through
https://, then post to https://, the server returns an HTTP 400 error
(i.e., the client is submitting a totally empty form via POST).  There
are no Javascripts or any special submission functions involved, just a
plain HTML form.

Has anyone come across this problem before?  Do I need to call the form
using https:// or is a standard http:// form OK?  (I know that I need
the form submission needs to be handled over https://.)

Thanks for your advice
Mark Howells