[thelist] XML Editor Recommendations

liorean liorean at f2o.org
Fri Mar 12 12:53:02 CST 2004

Sam Carter wrote:
> Any recommendations for an XML editor?

Depends on what you want. Merlot/Xerlin is an excellent XML
tree-structure editor that generates only valid, well-formed XML. If you
want a text editor, most of them works. I like SciTE myself, it's
effective, customisable, have all features I need without the feature
bloat found in many others such as BBEdit, TextPad4.5, UltraEdit. The
only big lack is that it only has match bracket/brace/parens, not match
tags.

I've only heard good stuff about Oxygen, but I;ve never tried it.

If you want to see what's out there without needing to pay for it, have
a look at <http://horizon.nserl.purdue.edu/Xml/XMLtools.html>. It's by
far the best list of free XML tools out there.

--
David "liorean" Andersson

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, SwitchStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>
Hangouts:
<http://codingforums.com/> <http://yourmusicforums.com/>