[thelist] forcing a website font

Diane Soini diane at dianesoini.com
Fri Mar 12 20:46:38 CST 2004

I attempted weft once, but found it to be unsatisfactory. Only works in
IE Windows.  Won't work on Macintosh or Linux. Seemed to work great on
my computer, but when others tried my examples they didn't see the
font. Maybe I did it wrong. It's hard to test, since you have to have
the font to begin with, so it's not gonna fail for you. In any case,
you have to have alternate font choices for when weft won't work, so as
long as you're picking a decent alternative, why not just forget all
the fuss and go with that? Most people are going to see the alternate,
anyway. On the other hand, some people will see the pretty font, so
maybe it's worth it anyway? Your call.

On Friday, March 12, 2004, at 03:56 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Re: [thelist] forcing a website font
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown