[thelist] forcing a website font

Diane Soini diane at dianesoini.com
Sat Mar 13 19:13:47 CST 2004

I can't recall exactly how weft works, (because it turned out for our
project PDF was a better solution so I've had no reason to look at weft
again) but I do recall that there was some css you had to use. So, why
not just use css to do what you are looking for. Set the alternate
fonts first in your css, then use the weft css after. Browsers that do
not understand the weft instructions will ignore them and default to
the original css styles.

If that's not gonna do it, just look for some javascript to do browser
detection in general, then document.write() out the weft related html
instructions. You should have no trouble finding general browser
detection scripts out there.

On Saturday, March 13, 2004, at 04:00 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Subject: RE: [thelist] forcing a website font
> <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>

> Hi Diane the weft program did work and the font is now visible on the
> website,
> however you are correct, this is a windows gig for other browser to
> see the font
> as Kx pointed out an extra bit of code is needed to detect the browser
> and then
> to present another font file (true font) which I still cannot find
> even on
> google!!!
>
> Andrew
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown