[thelist] DNS issue?

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Sat Mar 13 19:30:51 CST 2004

Hello all,

  I've been trying to set up the domain/email for a client and I've run into an
error I can't figure out. I've got his virtual domain set up just fine, but his
email is giving me fits. This is the first time I've tried to use the BIND
server without a fancy front-end so I've probably done something wrong there!
Anyway, I'm using qmail+vmailmgr for mail and I can check email and send email
from his account with no problems, however, I can't get email there. Whenever I
try to send a test message, it bounces back to me with a message that says
"Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)".
He's not in my qmail locals file, but his domain is in my virtualhosts file. All
the other email accounts on that machine are set up in just the same way his is
(DNS and all) and they work without a problem. Any ideas on what could be
causing the issue? Thanks in advance,

--
Robin Hastings
robin at rhastings.net