[thelist] User Feedback for "Portal" Site

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Mon Mar 15 15:13:09 CST 2004

Hi All,

I'm attempting to do something that I hope will be a little interesting,
as well as a lot educational (for me, at least).

I've managed to build and launch 9 different sites in the past month
that all have
the same theme to them--they're all entertainment in nature and more or
less community-type sites, and now I'm working on the "portal" site.

That site is really a repository for all of the most recent and featured
content from the other 9 sites, however, rather than just design these
for me, I'm trying to approach this from the perspective that I'd take
when working for a client.

I've prepared low fidelity layouts and posted them for a group of peers
to review, complete with gathering some bio information from each of
them.  From the feedback, I've modified the layouts, created an
Additional layout and have now posted a submission form on the site to
gather
feedback from users in order to drive the next round of revisions.

I would appreciate it if any of you would consider participating in the
study.

If you would be interested in participating, please follow the URL:

http://www.rudeuniverse.com/feedback.cfm

I'll also welcome any feedback on my approach to all of this, including
information provided (or lack thereof), etc.

Thanks,

Russ