[thelist] IE bug? modal window has focus but can't paste with CTRL+V until manual focus

Scott Blanchard octigonuser at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:35:55 CST 2004

I have a modal dialog window wich contains a textarea element in which I am
setting the focus via script from the opener. The cursor is blinking in the
textfield perfectly and if I start typing it works fine. However, if instead
of typing some text, I hit CTRL+V to paste to the textarea, nothing happens.
It is not until I manually click the mouse inside the textarea that I am
able to paste. What gives??? Is this an IE specific bug? It works fine in
Mozilla.