[thelist] Anyone used Scorch?

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 03:23:13 CST 2004

At 08:07 20/03/2004, you wrote
>I am doing a site for the local Schools Orchestras and via SCORCH
>http://www.sibelius.com/products/scorch/
>Sibelius generated music can be displayed with animated manuscript!
>
>Anyone on here ever used Scorch on a site? hits & Tips?

http://www.fsyo.org.uk/scorch_demo.html

It turned out a little easier than anticipated!!!!

Feedback on use of Scorch still appreciated though

<tip type="Getting Perl CGI scripts working"
author="John Bullas">
If you are setting up a CGI or Perl script using a
new FTP package and your handiwork is generating 500 errors,
always ensure your FTP package knows to copy CGI and PL
extensions as ASCII... and not binary, this might not be
a top tip for Perl Gurus but it might help occasional
CGI'ers to keep their hair in their heads!!!

The file permissions may be correct but the
file is not be there as ASCII!

</tip>

Please remember this is a site for free written by a geologist :)