[thelist] Difference between domain registrars

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Wed Mar 24 12:04:11 CST 2004

Yes, we are talking about the lesser of two evils here. And we have
purchased their PayFlow technologies with no problems there, which is
good (on unrelated projects). However, I think that technically inclined
people might be better off with GoDaddy (which likely means the entire
subscribership of thelist) than say a neophyte.

Anyway. The autorenew feature ... When the cc # and the email address on
the account change (which does happen, contrary to popular belief,
apparently), is rendered useless.

In the end, as you point out, this is all just anecdotal, and very
specific situations.