[thelist] Render speed [Was: Browser compliance]

joe stowaway at uklinux.net
Wed Mar 24 18:56:45 CST 2004

Man, don't even talk to me about Opera!  It doesn't like my session
variables, so it's therefore fairly low on my priorities.  Expect a post
in a week or so :)

IE6 renders the pages just fine, notwithstanding the concessions I've
had to make for its lack of support for min-height, 2px indents in
adjacent floated boxes, etc.

What's really bugging me about the gecko engine is that I've compensated
for the way that it handles floats _correctly_ by collapsing their
containers, and the proof of this is in the fact it renders correctly
after refreshing.  I'm loathe to blame it on the engine entirely though,
because I don't see this behvoiur when browsing other sites in
Firefox!.  Any notes on this experience would be very welcome.