[thelist] Calling JS from an image map?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 19:03:17 CST 2004

It's been about 7 years since I played with an image map, so forgive
my ignorance. I want to call a javascript function from an area in a
map. There doesn't appear to be a way to attach an event to that area
(unless I've missed it) although doing javascript: function(); seems
to work in the HREF.

I'd rather not do it that way if there is a better way. This little
application requires JS to function, so it's not so much that I'm
using JS (that's fine) it's just showing the js psuedo-link in the
status bar.

I'd rather get a alt popup with the value they are clicking on. Any
tips are appreciated.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."