[thelist] Mailing List Manager

Yoktan Haddad yoktan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 16:30:30 CST 2004

Hi -

I'm looking for a Mailing List Manager with some
advanced features to host on a *nix server.

Some features I'm looking for are:

- handle multiple lists
- customizable fields for contact info
- send mail from the server (either through sendmail
or SMTP)
- Handle subscriptions/unsubscriptions via web page
- Require confirmation for subscriptions
- send both HTML & text email
- web administration
- MySQL db
- Import recipient list from text based file
* AND IMPORTANTLY (as this feature doesn't exist in
many apps/scripts): track clicked links from the email

Of course, it would also be nice to have a good system
to handle bounced emails and errors...

So far I'd been using a stand-alone app running on my
PC, but this is getting too cumbersome. So I'm looking
into a server-based system to integrate into my
existing website. So far the best solution I've found
(but haven't really tested) is Omnistar Mailer
(omnistarmailer.com) - can anyone recommend this? Do
you have experience with it? Or do you know of a
better/simillar product?

Thanks :)