[thelist] intro and beginner's question!

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Mar 26 08:48:07 CST 2004

Hi Gabbie!

Welcome to the list. You and I are just the opposite. I have a very strong
programming background and am an aspiring graphics artist. However, I didn't
do a whole lot of PHP programming. I knew theory. As someone else has
mentioned check out the PHP manual. What I like about it is that it will
give you some code for a function, and then you'll have other people
commenting on different ways you can use it, caveats, etc.

So, just starting with the basics in PHP, with the help of some other
scripts and a little bit of self knowledge, I was able to whip out a really
neat site in php. This site is complete with a newsletter, shopping cart,
and a back-end administration site for those who're going to maintain it.

To give kudos to the list, they've helped me through some of the tougher
times in the development of this site. You pay back the help given by the
knowledge and experience you have.

Anyway, if you have questions, just post them here. We're all working
professions from most every facet of web/graphics/other and I'm almost
certain you'll get several answers for every question you give.

Personally, it's a challenge to answer questions I have no clue about how to
answer. It increases my knowledge as well as the end recipients knowledge.

Stay tuned!

Rob