[thelist] iframe as big as necessary?

Jason Handby jason_handby at illustraresearch.com
Tue Mar 30 05:30:03 CST 2004

Hi all,

I have a sneaky feeling that what I'm trying to do doesn't actually make
sense, but I thought I'd ask you all just in case :-)

(I don't have this site anywhere public yet, so no URL for you to look
at I'm afraid.)

I have a page on my website (let's call it
http://www.A.com/default.aspx). I want to include on that page a list of
links to news articles. I have that list of links as a page hosted on
another site (call it http://www.B.com/news.aspx). So what I've done is
to include an iframe on my page on site A, with the src attribute set to
the URL of my page on site B.

So far so good. The thing is, what I'd really like is for the iframe to
be as big (= high) as required to accommodate the content of the news
page. I don't ever want the iframe to display scroll bars, or clip; and
I don't want the iframe to be waaaay too big either. I want it to be
just the right size for however big the list of news links happens to
be. And as the news page is dynamically generated I can't just tweak it
until it looks right...

So is there any way I can specify that an iframe should be as big as it
needs to be?

Thanks

Jason

---