[thelist] #ID vs .Class

Chad Bishop chad.bishop at expnews.com
Wed Mar 31 10:08:28 CST 2004

Hola,

I know that here and there I've read some good reasons to stick with
using div id's where possible, instead of assigning classes. In my mind
I know that this will better help to structure content, but we were
having a discussion today at work, and I was asked why not just use
classes? What specifically is the point of going with div id's first?

Can someone point me towards some articles that address this directly?
I'd like a good list of the practical benefits of using div id's to the
fullest. And, classes where they should be.

Thanks,

- cb