[thelist] [CSS] div width and white-space: nowrap

Tim Beadle tsb at wigner.ioppublishing.com
Thu Apr 1 02:13:33 CST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:51:18PM +1000, Mark M wrote:
> Ya must a' missed it in an earlier post:
>
> http://users.tpg.com.au/adslkm7b/list/

No, I saw it - I just wasn't sure if that was what you were after or not ;)

As I see it, you want:

* The box to be wide enough to contain a line of unwrapped text
* The title to be 100% of this div's width

You'd probably have more luck if you let the text wrap, and went for a wider
width on the errorBox div, otherwise - as you've found - the text will "stick
out" of the box.

/just my 2 pence/cent/eurocent's worth

Tim
--
"On my way to the office I passed an old lady who appeared to be muttering to
herself, and it struck me: I can no longer tell the difference between insane