[thelist] Website monitoring software assistance?

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Apr 3 09:37:38 CST 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 15:00, Jonathan wrote:
> We want to set up a service to do website monitoring.  Things like:
>
> http
> httpd
> pop3
> smtp
> ftp
> imap
> telnet
> dnsa
> dnsns
> match
> Ping
>
> And we're hoping to do it on an open source budget.  Right?  Well, I know

Webmin has a module for this. It is very flexible, can monitor PIDs on the
local machine, or ping remote servers and services. You can configure what to
do when a service is running or not - send email, write logfile, call program
etc.
There's a simple display pannel showing all your tests, and whether they are
running or not.
No reporting or anything built in though.

Richard.