[thelist] Javascript - open new window on FORM submit

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Tue Apr 6 13:49:31 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 19:30, rsusoeff wrote:
> I can pop a new window with onclick="window.open()" and a new window pops,
> but the value is not entered in the remote form. I can pop a new window with
> target="new" but the W3C validator doesn't like "target" although this
> method has the desired results.

The validator has no likes and dislikes. If you choose to use a DTD
which doesn't include target, then you can't use target and validate. If
you want to use target, choose a DTD which includes it (such as HTML
4.01 Transitional)
--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>