[thelist] Javascript - open new window on FORM submit

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 14:00:58 CDT 2004

--- rsusoeff <rsusoeff at afamily.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to input a value to a form on another page, and have the
> results returned in a new window. Once the results are seen, the
new
> window can be closed.

> <fieldset>
> <legend>check the validity of your site's (x)html and css:</legend>
> <form action="http://www.htmlvalidator.com/php/onlinecheck.php"
> method="post">
> <label for="urltocheck" title="validate this url"></label>
> <input id="urltocheck" maxlength="50" size="40"
> value="&nbsp;http://"
> type="text" name="url">&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="check">
> </form>
> </fieldset>

The details here are a little sketchy. What are we looking at here
above? Is this the form you are trying to pass info TO? My guess is
that you are trying to fill ni the urltocheck input (which has no
NAME attribute btw, and will break in older browsers - although you
may not care). Are you using a server side scripting language? That's
really the best way to pass information from one page to another,
preferably using POST variables from your form.

In which case you just pull that variable out of your request object
and place it right into your form field. Can you provide some more
info or a URL for us to look at?

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."