[thelist] CMS suggestions needed

David Williamson dw at clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 17:58:23 CDT 2004

Merlene

I've just spent the weekend just trying to see how useful Drupal
(www.drupal.org) would be as a CMS for non-profit organisations. It's got
some good features and seems easy to configure.

>From the Drupal site...
"Drupal is an open-source platform and content management system for
building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services
including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities,
news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and
XML publishing for content sharing purposes. Equipped with a powerful blend
of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of web
projects ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven sites."

The site I'm playing with is up at www.asincough.net/drupal/ Can give you a
user ID and password if you'd like a look behind the scences.

You could also try Movable Type (www.movabletype.org) if you're looking for
something simpler.

Both systems are open source and you need PHp and MySql to run them.

Hope that helps. Please do let me know how you get on

Dave Williamson