[thelist] contextual help

Tim Beadle tsb at wigner.ioppublishing.com
Wed Apr 7 10:49:16 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 10:57:05AM -0400, Alida Ladak wrote:
> Put your mouse over any of the fields and a pop-up help comes up.  I think
> it's javascript.  Can anyone confirm and also point me to where I can find
> code to help me build something similar?
>
>  http://www.neighborhoodgold.com/lenders/GPS/newgrant.asp?From=NONGPS

Hi,

it's using the onfocus event in the input tag* to fire the MM_show_hide_layers
function on the relevant layer. In other words, it's done with DreamWeaver.

What would be nice was if the info displayed in the layers was contained in
the title or description attribute of the input tag, and the script just
pulled the info out and displayed it, like here:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/structural-markup-javascript

Tim

* <input name="foo" type="text" onfocus="MM_showHideLayers(...params...)"
    onblur="MM_showHideLayers(...params...)" />

where ...params... are your parameters.

--
"The first priority in finding a needle in a haystack is not to get a bigger
haystack" - iamnotandrei