[thelist] OT Excel question

Geoff Sheridan evolt at premonition.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 05:45:30 CDT 2004

I'll try to explain another way!

When I issue an invoice I have to fill in the 'Sales' spreadsheet:
Invoice#, Date_issued, Net, VAT, Total, Client, Description

Then when they pay it, I have to fill in the 'Bank receipts' sheet:
Date_paid, Invoice#, Client, Net, VAT, Total

In the second sheet I want to just type the invoice number and have
Excel fill in the other values from the 'Sales' sheet that relate to
that invoice.
Sometimes a 'Bank receipts' entry will not relate to an invoice, and
invoices are not paid in the order they are issued.

How can I go about this?

Geoff.
(I refer the right honorable gentleman to the tip I gave some moments ago)