[thelist] Theory Question: Client Side or Server Side

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net
Sat Apr 10 01:34:00 CDT 2004

On Friday 2004 April 09 13:04, Casey Crookston wrote:
> My question is this:  Would this functionality best be done client
> side with java-script, or server side?  Thoughts?

If you want it to work reliably, make sure it can be done on the server
without Javascript enabled.

Javascript *in addition to* server-side scripts is fine, but note that a
rather large number of people keep Javascript turned off and some
browsing situations do not allow for Javascript at all.

--
Shawn K. Quinn