[thelist] Transparent .ico with Graphic Converter? (AGAIN)

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 11 12:08:29 CDT 2004

Yep, GC is a Mac program. I've got the freeware trial version and was
hoping not to have to resort to buying the manual. (I can see why you'd
need one for this beast.)

If I've got to process the .icos with a windows program, then I really
don't need the CG middle-man. Can it be done (make windows .ico file
with alpha transparency) with GIMP? Another co-worker uses linux and
has GIMP installed. And I could install, that, too on my Mac.

(GC works great for .icos without transparancy, by the way.)

Diane

On Sunday, April 11, 2004, at 02:59 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Diane,
> Lemke GC is a Macintosh program, isn't it?
> I didn't realize you are a Mac user. IrfanView
> is a windows only program AFAIK.
>
> Did you <really> have to pay US$10 just to
> get the manual for Lemke Graphic Converter?
> Wow....
>
> Maybe you could email the ico file to a windows
> machine and use IrfanView from there.
>
> Mike Hopkins
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown