[thelist] JavaScript on an HTML Form

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Apr 13 17:08:55 CDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Casey Crookston wrote:

> I'd like to have the text box for 'Quantity' and the text area for
> 'Description' greyed out until the user checks on 'Order'.  As soon as
> 'Order' is checked, that the other two fields are un-greyed and become
> available.
>
> If some kind person could provide the code, or even point to an example from
> which I could glean the code, that would be swell.

If you want some ancient, crusty, cross-browser Javascript to disable
form fields, I've got an example here:

  http://dougal.gunters.org/test/dynform/

I wrote the code several years ago when I needed a way simulate IE's
"disabled" attribute in Netscape 4.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/