[thelist] win2k terminal services problem

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Thu Apr 15 02:04:36 CDT 2004

'ello,

> I can't say that I've seen this before.
> Somethings that may help pinpoint the source of the problem:
> a) What SP level is the Windows 2000 Server?

SP4

> b) Anything in the Windows Event Log on the server?

No. There was an error, when the server failed to install my default
printer (PDF writer), but no longer, as I unchecked the box for using
local printers (no other local device used either).

> c) Does this happen if you use a different RDP client?

At the moment I have only the one that comes with XP home. But I have
accessed the same box bit over a year ago with W2K pro's TS client with
no problems.

One thing that just might have something to do with it is, that my XP
home is Spanish version. (BTW, good way to learn a new language...)

> d) Does this happen if you logon interactively at the console?

I have no physical access to the box, it can be reached only remotely.