[thelist] loading external images in flash

Justin Zachan justin at jazzmanagement.com.au
Mon Apr 19 03:54:49 CDT 2004

Hi there. Any flash people out there?

I was hoping to find a good actionscript example with loading some external
images into flash in a specific way. Basically involves fading in and out
etc..

I can handle all the basic stuff but what I want to do is (and using
actionscript if possible - this is so I can easily re-use and keep file size
down)

>  have a colour square as a placeholder while the first image is loading
>  first image fades in (loaded as an external image i.e. on the server)
>  after a period of time second image fades in over image 1
>  next image does the same thing and so on.

I also will make the images load randomly if possible.

I have found or created things that work but I always end up with a gap in
between the first and second image i.e. I can see the placeholder square. I
want there to always be an image.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Cheers

Justin