[thelist] Serious antispam measures

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Mon Apr 19 12:41:26 CDT 2004

> What would be really funny is if they used the same system.
> generating an endless stream of requests to resend the message...

:-D

But hey, we have to keep machines busy, otherwise the might take over...

Isn't it possible though to take care of this in you .procmailrc?
Couple of quick Googlings:
http://www.mun.ca/cc/tsg/procmail/procmailex.5.html
http://www.webquarry.com/tech/techautoresponder.html

And an interesting coincidence: a client of mine emailed me today asking
whether she should start using http://spamarrest.com/

Has anybody experiences on this? Basically it seems to be just a
combination of auto responder and white list. As such it might be useful
for people who can't for some reason use their own auto responders, or
who want to outsource their white listing. Any other views? Godsend or
rip-off?

.k