[thelist] Golf Web Sites

Richard Morris thelist at web-designers.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 03:45:09 CDT 2004

A loooong time ago (years, probably), I remember someone posting a URL of a
web site they'd done for a golf club which was really attractive: the images
from the course blending into the text areas and photos of the clubhouse
etc.

A friend is now moving into corporate golf days and wants me to put together
a small web site for him and I need some nice examples to show him - not to
copy, I hasten to add!

Any excellent golf clubby sites you'd care to share?

<tip type="HTML Newsletters for Windows Users Made Easy" author="Richard
Morris">

Write the proposed newsletter as a web page and upload it to a server the
sender can access. Make sure you include all the styles you want in the page
itself rather than using an external CSS file.

Tell them to view the page in their browser then View | Source (either from
the menu or by right-clicking in the page). Edit | Select All (or Ctrl-A).
Copy (Ctrl-C).

Start a new mail message in Outlook or Outlook Express. Make sure it's
formatted as HTML: (Format | Rich Text (HTML) in Outlook Express or Format |
HTML in Outlook). Click in the body of the message and Ctrl-V or right-click
the message body and select "Paste".

Make sure it looks OK and do any additional changes, add a subject line and
then add your recipients and send.

</tip>

Richard