[thelist] RE: Uninstall Tip

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 04:33:32 CDT 2004

At 11:18 on Wednesday, 21 Apr 2004,  wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Thanks for the tip, I've often been snagged by apps that won't uninstall.
>
> Trouble is, I don't have unwise on my PC - where does it come from?
>
> David.

normally it's installed by the installer into the folder for the program
in program files.

it's not a standalone application, just a small .exe file

I think that sometimes the wrong unwise gets called from windows control
panel uninstall option and that's why it complains about "can't find
install.log."

The tip does work though - got me out of a lot of annoying trialware apps
that expired and wouldn't uninstall.