[thelist] [OT] Ultra ATA nightmare

Michael Pemberton evolt at mpember.net.au
Wed Apr 21 08:42:44 CDT 2004

Joshua Olson wrote:

> I'm beginning to think it's a BIOS problem, as you suggested.  Now I have an
> impasse... if I flash the BIOS without first updating the Windows driver,
> then windows won't load.  But, I cannot load Windows until I flash the
> BIOS... what's a guy to do!

Have you tried a Windows PE boot disk?  It may give you a way of loading
windows without the hdd being a factor.  In either case, you can always
take a backup of the current system before changing anything.

> This is why I like programming webpages more than troubleshooting the
> servers they run on.  Ugh.

Stange.  I would have gone the other way because I know hardware better
than I do code :)

> Thanks for the good ideas Michael and David.

No probs.

--
Michael Pemberton
evolt at mpember.net.au