[thelist] IIS logging local time vs GMT

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Apr 21 23:45:43 CDT 2004

The W3C Extended Logging format spec requires logging in GMT time. You can
set the log roll-over to occur at midnight local time if you want. This
avoids problems with situations like Daylight Savings, where you log goes
"backwards in time" by an hour.

To enable logfile rollover based on local time, not GMT, open the IIS
Manager, locate your website, rightclick and choose "Properties". On the
"General" tab, click "Properties" next to logging. Then check "Use local
time for filename and rollover"

If you want to log using local time you can not use W3C Extended logging

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: <rachanta at achanta.com>
Subject: [thelist] IIS logging local time vs GMT

: Hi,
:
: I found this thread on google. I need some help on the same subject. I
: tried Jill's suggestion but it seems to be not working for me. Do you
: have any other ideas to make this working. I really appreciate your
: help.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Ravi
:
: I think this should work:
:
: you can set the registry value
:
: hklm\system\currentcontrolset\control\contentindex\IsapiDateTimeLocal
: REG_DWORD 1
:
:
: Then dates/times displayed will be in the local time of the server.
:
: Jill
:
: