[thelist] [CSS] Disappearing Markup Block (IE)

Adriano Castro ad at netvisao.pt
Thu Apr 22 09:37:01 CDT 2004

> * Your <a> needs to be inside the <div> - not the other way around.

way around does not work the same way I want it to.

> * Hopefully you're using </div>, not </title>.

I am. That code chunk was just a miss-typed piece. The actual document has
the correct markup.

> * The
>  correct spelling is "right". If you're using this in your CSS (float:
> rite;) it has to be spelled right to work.

I know right's correct spelling is "right". I use "rite" as a
simplification of "right" but only for names, IDs and classes.

> Run everything through the validators [1], and make sure there aren't any
> errors in your HTML or CSS.

Been there. Done that!

> Then, if it's still happening, we can start to
> look at browser bugs (like the Peekaboo bug [2]) that can make things
> invisible.

On my way! Tks...

AD

--