[thelist] LI CSS

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:23:19 CDT 2004

Andrew wrote:

>thanks for al the replies exceding helpful indeed, I should have elaborated a
>little more however as the problem appears to be not being able to use the
>list-style-type: disc for each of this horizonal words I have tried a coupld of
>different css but nothing yet is this not an active element for the inline
>method ?

Andrew,

You could try adding[0] list-style-position:inside; to ensure that your
discs are not being hidden, YMMV as far as browser support goes though.
The other option is to think outside the box and give either your <li>
or <a> elements a background image with the style of bullet you require
and add a bit of padding to align the text.

Simon

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/propidx.html
or... http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html