[thelist] meta refresh or document.location.href

Richard Harb rharb at earthling.net
Thu Apr 22 21:33:54 CDT 2004

The circumstances: A browser might be configured that automatic
redirection is being turned off - that would cancel the directive
given with the meta tag. I'm not quite sure, but I think every browser
has an option to do just that - if sometimes hidden.

So if javascript isn't turned off (which you assume) and if that
option isn't turned off either, they should both work fine.
Which one takes precedence though would be up to the browser. If you
direct to page A with javascript and to page B with the meta tag
result would be a tad unpredictable if both are set to do it
instantaneously.

Aside from that I think to remember it was said to be bad practice -
or at least uncourteous - to not show where you are guiding your
visitor to.

HTH
Richard

--
If pigs had wings they'd fly.
With sufficient thrust pigs fly just fine. -unknown