[thelist] reselling

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Sat Apr 24 01:37:07 CDT 2004

Jamie wrote:

> I am currently thinking about setting up a reselling account so I can
> provide hosting services to my clients, as well as host all my sites
> in one place.
>
> For those designers currently doing this: is it more trouble than it's
> worth? is it any trouble?
>
> Recommendations of providers would also be appreciated.
>
> cheers, and have a good weekend,
> jamie

Reseller hosting is a good thing to provide additional services for your
customers and extra income for you. I did it for a while, then set up my
own ISP geared mainly for resellers. Then I set up an affilates program
for evolt.org to provide funds for supporting evolt.org. Support links
in the footer of each list email will give you some info.

The original site linked in the support pages is ugly, outdated and
currently in redesign. It does work and will get you direct access to me
and my support staff. We answer the phone during business hours (most of
the time after hours), and provide support to our reseller's customers
as well as our reseller's if approved.

We do a lot things (customized per reseller) that most hosting providers
won't do because we are customer oriented. I  am a hands on provider
that developes sites and does support every day, so I know what you face
with your customers and work with you to get what you need working.

Contact me off list for more information and/or discussion of your needs.

Ron D.