[thelist] Video Editing Software

Dan CRACIUN dcsquare at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 24 01:50:24 CDT 2004

Two excellent (but expensive) packages:

Adobe Premiere Pro
Pinnacle Liquid Edition

If you want to do video editing for TV those are excellent, and they use
whatever proc power you have to deliver most of the filters/transitions
in realtime. And they don't require a dedicated video card.

If you do have money to spend, then I would recommend DPS Velocity. A
professional solution fairly easy to use with a powerfull video board
that does most of the decoding/encoding/display and a lot of realtime
filters and transitions. The only downsize is that a Velocity system is
around 10.000 USD.

Cheers,

Dan CRACIUN