[thelist] problems with music into a website

Joan Olivé M. jolive at tinet.org
Sat Apr 24 04:14:12 CDT 2004

Good morning,

I wonder if somebody could give some light about the next trouble:

I've build a Web with a small introduction in flash + many pages, all in htm

The client asked for some music in it, and I've tried a piece of 27 seconds long of J. S. Bach, in .mp3 (Its weight is big: 195K)

This music comes activated under a behaviour "on mouse move" into the main web page (just appearing after the index one)

The site is http://docsl.com

The music sounds realy nice but the client feels a problem:

The visitors should jump fast from the page containing the music to the others, with the clear inconvenient that the music stops and begins again for stoping, and so.

As the pages includes many pictures, the time downloading problem is bigger when adding pictures+sound.

The client would like that once started the music, it plays along it's 27" independtly of the jumps the visitor does...

I don't know how to solve the problem as:

Client loves the music
I cannot re-make all the web in flash
The client don't want at all installing the music in a Pop-up

Is there any Java-script possibilitie solving this problem???

Many thanks in advance from Catalonia (Small country between Spain and France)
Joan Olivé Mallafrè
Alef, comunicació @ consulting
http:/alef.cc