[thelist] Footer problems

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 12:31:32 CDT 2004

At 17:40 on Sunday, 25 Apr 2004, Cosmin G wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to achieve a tableless 3 column layout complete with
> header and footer. Problem is the footer will almost invariably float in
> the middle of the page unless one of the columns is tall enough, which
> can't always be achieved, especially in the case of people using high
> resolutions. Can such a layout be done that keeps the footer down no
> matter the height of the columns, works in Opera 7 and IE 6 and doesn't
> require tables be done or will I just have to go back to tables? Thank
> you.

There's a fair bit of work been done to get to this holiest of holy
grails, how you do it will depend on your current designs.

here's a way to get 100% div heights:

here's a layout that has every possible option - you'll need to dissect it
a bit:

http://www.positioniseverything.net/piefecta-rigid.html

here's the sticky footer effect you ask for:
http://www.pmob.co.uk/temp/3colfixedtest_sourcenone.htm

hth

Tony