[thelist] any phpMyAdmin experts out there?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 16:14:56 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up an Apache/mySQL/phpMyAdmin installation on my
Win2003 Server machine. The Apaches server is running in Console mode
and mySQL is up and running as well.

It has been kind of tricky because I currently have like 6 sites
running on this server in various configurations using IIS and
Weblogic. Basically none of the default settings have been available,
I've had to work around stuff.

So, in the phpMyAdmin intall - I have the folder in htdocs of Apache.
The problem is I get the following error:

"phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server
rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and
password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the
information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."
Error

#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.69.49' (10061)

Now, mySQL is running on

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/mysql
#bind-address=192.168.69.49

based on winMySQLAdmin. so I'm not sure why it wouldn't connect. I am
using port 89, tried adding that but then the browser doesn't respond
at all.

The only other thing I can think of is the port where mySQL is at.
The phpMyAdmin config file states:

// MySQL port - leave blank for default port
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port']          = '3308';

I put 3308 since the default one was being used. I can see this again
in winMySQLAdmin...

#tmpdir#=
port=3308

If I remove the port, I get errors telling me the password is wrong
for root (with something that seems to point to what is actually at
the default port) which makes sense.

Anyone have any ideas? Been working on this for 2 days with no luck.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

There is no missing link, just a fist shaken toward God.