[thelist] any phpMyAdmin experts out there?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 17:31:39 CDT 2004

At 22:52 on Monday, 26 Apr 2004, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> --- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
>> did you set up config.inc.php in the phpmyadmin folder with a valid
>> user name and password?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I've used http for authorisation so probably don't need the
>> mysqluser and
>> password as Apache asks for them on pHPmyadmin's behalf.
>
> Switched to HTTP and it asks me for username/pw of course. I enter
> them in, but it tells me they are wrong. Yet they are exactly what is
> in winMySQLAdmin!?!?!

weird.

I have to say that there have been occasions installing PHPmyadmin that it
wouldn't accept any other user than root.

I'd hazard a guess that it's not looking at the right port or somesuch,
have you tried a different setting in config.inc.php here:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host']          = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or
IP address

have tried your IP address, given that you have other stuff running as
localhost?

why not run a port scan on your machine and check where everything is
actually listening.

try:
http://www.bluebitter.de/english.htm for a quick and free scanner (Blues
port scan)

then we'll know exactly where mysql is and you coan config phpmyadmin with
some degree of certainty.

hth

Tony