[thelist] [OT?] digital camera recommendations

Tim Beadle tsb at wigner.ioppublishing.com
Tue Apr 27 02:51:03 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:38:52PM +1200, Paul Bennett wrote:
> can anyone recommend a good entry level camera
> with a price that suits a one income family with two kiddies?

We just got a Canon Powershot A70 (3.2 MegaPixel - now superceded by the A80)
for GBP 185 from www.ebuyer.com - not sure what's available in NZ, but Amazon
had the same camera for GBP 215. Amazon also have the 2 MegaPixel A60 for
GBP 99.99.

The A70 is great. It uses CompactFlash cards, which are a lot cheaper than
other media formats - e.g. my Dad has a Pentax Optio S1, which uses Secure
Digital. His 256MB card cost GBP 100 - our 256 MB card cost GBP 30.

My only gripe is battery life - it uses 4xAA, but you can use rechargeable
ones. The Pentax has a built in rechargeable, and is smaller than the A70.

HTH,

Tim
--
"If you not hope to receive the similar letter again , please click here
remove. Thank you" -- Unknown 419 spammer