[thelist] Apache Root viewable in certain websites

Phil Cooper Phil.Cooper at zirconsoftware.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 06:57:34 CDT 2004

Hi,

I've installed apache/php/mysql on my local system.  I've recently noticed when i visit certain websites (mainly what looks like sourceforge ones) my apache root directory is viewable.  I did a bit of googling and came across the following http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5YP0L0U60C.html (Gaining Root access via php.exe).

I read the document but I can't see anything that tells you how to stop it happening.  My server knowledge is not great.  Anyone run across this before and can tell me how to fix it in a way I could understand?

Cheers

Phil